| 2 comments ]

I don't know what is going on lately but everyone has been turning to me for knowledge on saving money.

HSBC Direct 3.50%


When my family and friends learn that I have all these financial accounts, even though there isn't much money in them, they seek to do the same so that they can develop the essential habit of saving.



Many of them also saw the TV commercials for ING Direct and sought advice from me about opening Orange Savings accounts. I said it was a great place to start a high-yield savings account (although I use HSBC Direct). so, I referred a few people I knew through the ads and made a little commission while I helped them jump start their saving mentality.

Thus, I encourage everyone to do the same!!

2 comments

Anonymous said... @ July 28, 2008 at 9:36 PM

You should also tell them about how you can open multiple accounts at ING that allow them to save for specific items. I read this in someone's blog and I thought it was a great idea for people who cannot seem to get motivated.

Simon said... @ July 29, 2008 at 12:28 PM

I saw a blog post that taught people how to use that feature too and I'll be sure to let the new savers know about it. Although, I'd rather they just have a place to stash their money instead of "saving to spend", which is what having sub-accounts would often be used for.

Post a Comment